Stow and Go Mini Storage wants to help you with all your storage and moving needs as a mini-storage company in Greenville, NC. Not only do we offer storage units, we also provide RV, car, and boat storage. Once the summer heat wears off and the cool air sets in, many boat owners are ready to store their boat for the winter. Here are some tips to prepare your boat for winter storage:
- Before you bring in your boat for storage, be sure to clean it well. You don’t want any dirt or debris hanging around your boat all winter and damaging its exterior.
- Drain all of the water from your boat before you store it for the winter.
- Make sure that your boat is properly covered to protect it from the elements.
- Double-check to make sure that all switches are turned off before you store your boat.
- If your boat has a fridge on-board, be sure to clean it out.
- To avoid mold or mildew from forming, you can install a dehumidifier or use one of the many products available to reduce moisture.
When summer ends and you’re ready to give your boat a rest, come see us at Stow and Go Mini Storage so we can store your boat until it’s time to hit the water again. For more boat storage tips, visit Discover Boating’s website.