At Stow and Go Storage, we are all about providing you with quality mini-storage options and unbeatable customer service. That’s why we offer two state-of-the-art storage facilities in the Greenville, NC area. With two locations and a variety of unit sizes to choose from, you are sure to find mini-storage that meets your specific needs.
The last thing you want to see when you open your storage unit is a shadowy figure skittering across the floor. Whether it’s rodents or insects, no one wants any unexpected visitors in their personal space. So, how can you keep the critters away from your mini-storage unit?
- Most importantly, you should not store any type of food in your unit. Not only will it spoil, it will also attract all sorts of critters to your unit.
- If you’re storing wine, make sure that you do so in a climate-controlled unit and that all of your wine bottles are sealed completely.
- It’s also important to use airtight plastic storage containers, especially for things like linens and clothes, which can often attract unwanted visitors. Cardboard boxes are less ideal than plastic containers because they can’t be sealed and they can attract mold and mildew.
- It’s a good idea to use pallets, or something like that, to keep your items from sitting directly on the ground. Not only can these protect your belongings from critters, they can also help prevent damage from the elements.
- If you suspect that you have a mold or mildew issue in your storage unit, be sure to address it immediately as mold and mildew can both damage your possessions and attract unwanted critters.
- It’s also important to check in on your storage unit regularly, for a number of reasons aside from pest control. Make it a goal to visit your unit at least once a month to make sure everything is going as expected.
For all of your mini-storage needs in the Greenville, NC area, be sure to come see us at Stow and Go Storage today.