At Stow and Go Storage, we are all about providing you with quality mini-storage options and unbeatable customer service. That’s why we offer two state-of-the-art storage facilities in the Greenville, NC area. With two locations and a variety of unit sizes to choose from, you are sure to find mini-storage that meets your specific needs.
While having a storage unit is a great way to keep your home organized and clutter-free, what about your unit itself? You don’t want to just throw everything in there with no plan or organization, because then you will end up with a big mess and no way to access the things you’ve stored when you need them. That’s why it’s important to keep your mini-storage unit organized and in order.
Cleaning Your Mini-Storage Unit
An important part of keeping an organized mini-storage unit, is to clean it regularly. Here are some helpful mini-storage unit cleaning tips:
- First, enlist the help of some friends or family and remove all of the items from the storage unit.
- Next, sweep and dust thoroughly throughout the unit. Be sure to dust off your boxes as well. After you’ve swept and dusted, use an all-purpose cleaner that is unscented to clean the floors, walls, and shelves of your unit. Since your storage space is small and enclosed, it’s important to use a cleaner that isn’t scented.
- Place pallets on your unit’s floor to add an extra layer of protection for your items once you store them.
- When you’re cleaning your storage unit, it’s also the perfect time to get rid of items that you don’t need. If you have an inventory, go through your list and decide on items that you can part with. If you don’t have an inventory, now’s a great time to make one.
What Goes Where?
When you are placing items in your storage unit, it’s important to be mindful of what you put where. You want to keep your storage unit organized so you can find items when you need them. You also want to place items according to their size as well as how often you will need to access them.
It’s best to store heavier, bigger items like furniture and heavy boxes towards the back of your mini-storage unit. You likely won’t need to access stored furniture often, so you don’t want to place it in the front of your unit where it will take up space and block your access to other items. When stacking bulkier items, be sure not to stack too high as the weight can be too much and cause damage or accidents to your belongings.
Keep items that you’ll need to access more regularly towards the front of your mini-storage unit so that you can get to them whenever you need to. It’s also a good idea to keep a path open in your storage unit so that you can move from the front to the back without having to move items out of your way.
Here are some quick and useful storage organization tips to help you out:
- Create a map or key to help you know where everything is in your unit. As you pack and store things, create a master list of everything you’ve stored and where you’ve put it.
- Use clear storage containers so that you can easily see what’s inside.
- Label each box clearly so you know what is where.
- Store similar items together when packing them.
- Leave a clear pathway within your storage unit so that you can access items throughout the space without having to move everything.
For all of your mini-storage needs in the Greenville, NC area, give us a call at Stow and Go Storage today.