At Stow and Go Storage, we are all about providing you with quality mini-storage options and unbeatable customer service. That’s why we offer two state-of-the-art storage facilities in the Greenville, NC area. With two locations and a variety of unit sizes to choose from, you are sure to find mini-storage that meets your specific needs.
North Carolina has been experiencing some extra cold weather recently. You might be wondering how that affects the items in your mini-storage unit. If you have a climate-controlled unit, there’s no need to worry, because your storage unit maintains the same temperature, no matter what the weather is like outside. However, if you have a traditional storage unit, you’ll want to take a few extra precautions to make sure that your belongings are safe from the harsh cold:
- One thing that people don’t think about is their unit’s lock. Freezing temperatures can render your lock useless. That’s why it’s a good idea to spend a little extra money on a weatherproof lock, which can withstand both extreme hot and cold.
- Place all of your items on wood pallets. This will help them be less exposed to the extreme temperatures.
- Remove any items containing liquid from your unit. It’s generally not a good idea to store these types of items in a traditional storage unit, no matter what the weather is like.
- If you have any items with batteries in them, be sure to take the batteries out before you store them.
- You can add insulation to items by using packing peanuts (we suggest using the biodegradable type), blankets, and newspapers.
- If you’re storing a boat, car, lawnmower, or anything else that contains gasoline, be sure to empty the gas tanks before you store them.
It’s cold out there, and we want you to stay warm, and we want to help you keep your stored items warm and safe as well. For all of your storage needs, come to see us at Stow and Go Storage in Greenville, NC.