At Stow and Go Storage, we are all about providing you with quality mini-storage options and unbeatable customer service. That’s why we offer two state-of-the-art storage facilities in the Greenville, NC area. With two locations and a variety of unit sizes to choose from, you are sure to find mini-storage that meets your specific needs.
The weather is getting warmer and spring is officially here. That means that it’s time to start hitting the water, whether it’s a lake, the ocean, or a sound. If you have your boat in storage, you might be thinking about bringing it out of storage for the season. Here are some tips to help you prepare your boat for the water after it’s been in storage for a while:
- One of the first things you’ll want to do is to add fresh fuel to your boat. Before it’s put in storage, you should have removed all of the gas, so now it will need some to get it going.
- Check to make sure that your battery is good to go next. Then, check the engine.
- From there, you’ll want to check all of the fluids in your boat including your oil, coolant, and power steering fluid.
- The cold from winter months can cause your belts and cables to crack, so you’ll want to check those too.
- Look at all of the electrical connections to make sure that there’s no corrosion anywhere.
- Give your boat a good cleaning before you take it out onto the water, including dusting, washing, waxing, and polishing.
- Before you take it out onto the water, make sure that all of your safety equipment is functioning and in place.
Once your boat is out of storage and ready to hit the water, we hope that you have a fun and safe time! And, remember, we are here for you when you’re ready to put your boat back into storage.
For all of your mini-storage needs in the Greenville, NC area, give us a call at Stow and Go Storage.