At Stow and Go Storage, we are all about providing you with quality mini-storage options and unbeatable customer service. That’s why we offer two state-of-the-art storage facilities in the Greenville, NC area. With two locations and a variety of unit sizes to choose from, you are sure to find mini-storage that meets your specific needs.
Appliances can be bulky and take up a lot of space in your home, wasted space if you’re not currently using them. That’s why it’s a great idea to have a mini-storage unit to store your appliances when you no longer need them. However, you have to take special precautions with appliances to make sure that they don’t get damaged when in storage. Here are some storage tips for appliances to help you out:
- If at all possible, it’s ideal to store appliances in a climate-controlled unit. That way, you don’t have to worry about the extreme heat and cold affecting and possibly damaging your appliances while in storage.
- Before you put an appliance like a dishwasher or washing machine into storage, you should run a final cycle, using bleach or white vinegar to clean it out before you store it.
- Empty all liquid from any appliances before you put them into storage.
- Be sure to take special care when packing and moving any appliances with glass. Don’t stack anything on top of these items when you put them in the storage unit.
- Bulky appliances should go towards the back of your storage unit, that way you don’t have to move them every time that you try to access your unit.
- Cover your appliances with a tarp or sheet to protect them from gathering dust or accidentally getting scratched.
For all of your storage needs, including storage for appliances, give us a call at Stow and Go Storage in Greenville, NC.