At Stow and Go Storage, we are all about providing you with quality mini-storage options and unbeatable customer service. That’s why we offer two state-of-the-art storage facilities in the Greenville, NC area. With two locations and a variety of unit sizes to choose from, you are sure to find mini-storage that meets your specific needs.
Books and other items made of paper are more susceptible to mold and rot than most other items in storage. That’s why you have to take extra care when storing books to ensure that they stay safe and in good shape. So, here are some storage tips to help you protect your books and papers:
- When storing books and papers, a climate-controlled unit is your best option for preserving the integrity of your books.
- Pack your books in plastic storage containers rather than cardboard boxes, which can let in moisture and cause damage to your books.
- When packing your books, be sure to lay them flat instead of standing up by their spines, as this can cause damage to your books.
- If you plan to wrap your books before you put them in boxes, be sure to use something that is breathable like a paper towel or a thin cotton cloth.
- Before you pack your books up, be sure to clean them in order to remove dust, food crumbs, and any small pests that may have found their way into your books’ pages.
- When you move your books into your storage unit, just a pallet or a shelf to store them off of the floor in case of flooding or excess moisture.
If your books are taking up too much space in your home, but you don’t want to part with them, mini-storage is a great option for you. Give us a call at Stow and Go Storage in Greenville, NC today for all of your mini-storage needs.