At Stow and Go Storage, we are all about providing you with quality mini-storage options and unbeatable customer service. That’s why we offer two state-of-the-art storage facilities in the Greenville, NC area. With two locations and a variety of unit sizes to choose from, you are sure to find mini-storage that meets your specific needs.
Whether it’s an old TV or a washing machine you’re saving for later, electronics and appliances are among some of the most common items in storage units. So, what should you know about storing electronics and appliances? Here are a few tips to help you out:
- When it comes to storing your electronics and appliances, it’s always best to use a climate-controlled storage unit in order to protect these items from extreme temperatures.
- When storing your electronics and appliances, place them in their original box if possible. Be sure not to stack heavy items on top of each other.
- Don’t wrap these items with plastic, as this can trap moisture and cause mildew to grow. Instead, use cloth, bubble wrap, or foam to protect these items.
- Store your larger, heavier appliances towards the back of your unit. This way you don’t have to move it around every time you need to find something.
- Be sure to drain water from your appliances (like refrigerators and dishwashers) before you put them into storage. You’ll also want to give them a thorough cleaning before you store them.
- Unplug and turn off all electronics and appliances when they’re in storage. If they have batteries, remove them before you store these items.
For all of your storage needs, including storing your appliances and electronics, give us a call at Stow and Go Storage in Greenville, NC.